Barn Quilt

We are beginning our barn Quilt.

We are almost halfway there.

Oh ya, I almost forgot to tell you why we are doing the Barn Quilts, well we are doing the Barn Quilts for the Gala (Gala = Auction) and we plan to sell them there and use some the money for “Then Feed Just One”. “Then Just Feed One” is an organization where people come together to make food for countries in need food. Some of the money left over will go to our school.

Now we are going to get the money for Honduras residents that don’t have food.

2 thoughts on “Barn Quilt

1. Hello. My name is Dinah and I’ll be your mentor for this student blogging challenge. First, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I like to think of myself as a digital pioneer. Ever read the book, Peter Pan? Happy thoughts were important. Well, my happy thought is educational technology. If I could spend a day at the computer exploring Web 2.0 tools or at a mobile device exploring apps I’d consider it a mini vacation.
    I used to teach Kindergarten. Currently, I work with college students who are studying to become teachers. I love my job! It allows me to share my technology knowledge with future teachers. In just a few weeks I’ll be showing them how to use the SMART board. I also lead discussions on how teachers can use Voki, Evernote and QR codes.
    In my spare time I am a member of CERT. That stands for Community Emergency Response Team. I’m not overly fond of the sight of blood, so I help out with traffic control. You can find out more about what I do at http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/.
    It’s very nice to meet you.
    P.S. I really like your barn quilt. I didn’t know about them before reading the blogs from your class. Interesting. It made me feel good to read that the money goes to support feeding the hungry. I will have to read more about the “Then Feed Just One” organization. You’ve inspired me to create one of my own. Wish me luck.

2. Atze, This post seems to tell me that you had a great time building your barn quilt. I really like the design that you and your male classmates picked out. You are a genius and the world demands your contribution. Well done!

-Lauren(: